What is Prezenti
Prezenti is a grant fund for the Celo community.
Prezenti is the second phase of the Celo Community Fund that was created with an approved spend proposal from the on-chain Community Fund[explorer]. Community members seeking grant funding can apply to Prezenti, which three community stewards manage. We provide grants of between 5000 - 50,000 $cUSD or equivalent $CELO amount. Alternatively, if you seek a higher amount, there is always the option of submitting your own governance spend proposal to be voted on by CELO owners. Prezenti only supports projects that share Celo’s Mission and those that meet the evaluation criteria listed below.
Here’s the style of evaluation criteria the stewards will be considering:
- Applications should be of a certain quality standard. We expect the application to be of a quality you would use if you were applying to receive funding for a company
- Does the team understand the problem space?
- Is the team capable of delivery?
- Does the project proposal clearly support or promote the values of Celo?
- Is the overall project proposal clear?
- Are the milestones defined by the applicant specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound?
- Is the amount of funding requested reasonable?
- What we definitely don’t fund:
- Standard daily operating costs
- Projects with no emphasis on Celo and its mission
When an application is unsuccessful we aim to give some limited feedback addressing some of the concerns above.
Celo Grant Ecosystem
We work closely with other granting entities like Celo Foundation Grants and the Climate Collective to ensure we capture services that may not fit with the other programs. Although closely aligned, we are independent of the Celo foundation.
If you're building something on Celo please fill in our form with your details and we will reach out to you.
How to apply
You can apply to the Prezenti fund using the attached application form.
At present applications are taken on a rolling basis.
Here’s how the Prezenti process works, from application to finish line.
Step 1: Check your project aligns with our evalauation criteria
If your project matches our evalauation criteria above, you’re a candidate for a Prezenti grant.
Step 2: Submit your grant application
Make sure you thoroughly complete the application form via apply and clearly state how your project will contribute to the Celo ecosystem. Please review the Grant Application Terms and Conditions before submitting.
Step 3: Evaluation and approval
The Stewards will review applications on a queue based system, on a rolling basis. If your proposal meets the program criteria, you will be invited to the next stage of the process.
Step 4: Acceptance or denial notification
All applicants will be notified whether their application has been accepted or denied. If your application is accepted, at this point, you will go through the agreement formation process.
Step 5: Build and launch your project
Get started with the tutorials, learn about the SDK and explore the codebase.